My Other Blog

My Other Blog
BLOG 1: Life EVolving.

My ART & CREATION Blog

My ART & CREATION Blog
BLOG TOO: Just the Creative Stuff

Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

WEEK 1: T.S. Eliot

It's interesting that I chose Eliot for the first week which happens to include the day he left this world. Even more co-incidental is the one that came on the anniversary of his passing. My first instinct was that it spoke of death.


Thomas Stearns Eliot
September 26th, 1888 - January 4th, 1965


T.S. Eliot, a playwright, publisher and literary and social critic was born in the USA. He moved to the UK at the age of twenty five; fourteen years later he became an official British subject.

Wikipedia say that he is "arguably the most important English language poet of the 20th century".  He earned numerous accolades and awards, including the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1948.

He is quoted in the October 1950 Time magazine as saying: "The years between fifty and seventy are the hardest. You are always being asked to do more, and you are not yet decrepit enough to turn them down."

You've got a point, TS ... you've got a point :-D

No comments: